How CATA works
CATA provides targeted technical assistance to support coal-asset owners to develop practical plant-level financial mechanisms to accelerate the coal transition. CATA structures this support through a three-stage Coal Transition Journey.
The first stage supports coal asset owners to understand the system-wide considerations to support an effective coal transition within their national, regional and local context.
The second stage develops appropriate coal transition financing mechanism options for a coal asset owner, considering the local system, socio-economic and political context.
The third stage supports the coal asset owners with the development of plant-level transactions.
Coal Transition Journey
We can work with coal asset owners at any stage of this journey to help support their ambitions to accelerate the transition in a way that is just and inclusive. The timelines for each phase and the outputs produced are highly dependent on the needs of the asset owner and the local context.
Enabling stakeholders to understand the system-wide considerations to support an effective coal transition within their national, regional and local context.
- Financial and Economic Assessment
- Just Transition Planning Framework
- Prioritisation Framework
- Policy and Regulatory Assessment
Developing appropriate coal transition ﬁnancing mechanisms, considering the local system, social-economic and political context.
- Coal transition mechanisms options design
- Financial analysis of the coal transition options
- Contract assessments
- Socio-economic considerations of coal transition mechanisms
Supporting power asset partners with the developer of plant level transactions.
- Financial modelling and due diligence
- Identifying funding sources
- Determining capital mix and structure
- Financing launch and execution
- Just Transition Assessment
- Just Transition programme roll out
- Policy / regulatory